3 C
Munich
Wednesday, February 18, 2026

Kraft Heinz Replaces North American President

Must read

(Michael Nagle/Bloomberg)

February 18, 2026 9:47 AM, EST

Kraft Heinz Co. announced Feb. 18 it’s replacing its North American president this month as its new CEO embarks on a plan to bolster growth at the struggling food company, rather than continue with a planned split. 

The shakeup in Kraft Heinz’s senior ranks is an initial step in CEO Steve Cahillane’s ambitious plan to turn around the company, instead of cleaving its top-performing condiments and boxed meals apart from its lower-growth grocery staples.

Nicolas Amaya will lead Kraft Heinz’s North American operations starting next week, replacing Pedro Navio, the company said in a statement. Amaya had previously worked with Cahillane at food companies Kellogg and Kellanova.

Last week, Cahillane unexpectedly halted a plan announced last fall to divide Kraft Heinz into two publicly traded companies, saying it was better to put the resources that would be needed to execute the split into making the company’s portfolio of brands stronger.

Since Kraft Heinz announced its plan to pause work on its split, the company’s shares have dropped 4.8%.

Cahillane said Feb. 18 that Amaya would help the company turn around operations in North America, its largest market.

“Nico brings the right combination of commercial rigor, operational excellence, and people leadership to accelerate that progress,” Cahillane said. “I have great confidence in his ability to lead our North America business as we focus on returning Kraft Heinz to profitable growth.”

Amaya was most recently a senior executive at Kellanova North America. He started at Kellogg in 2001, working on brands like Eggo waffles and Pop-Tarts. During his time at Kellogg, he worked in both the U.S. and Latin American regions in its cereal, frozen and snacks businesses.

More articles

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Latest article